.jpg)
The local news station's weather guy often does on location segments during the morning show. On August 8, Scottsdale Jazzercise was featured from 5:00 am - 9:00 am. There was a total of 25 minutes of coverage of our group! We haven't seen a huge influx of new customers, but publicity is always a good thing. And it was super fun!!
I got called out while we were in a group on stage as the girl who lost 100 lbs. That's what the wave is from. Also the fist in the air with a big "woo hoo". The joke was that I lost all the weight from clapping and yelling, which is what we were all doing all morning.
Towards the end of the show, I got a one-on-one interview. They zoomed in on my before and after pic (the before shot of me in the zebra print dress) that is featured on a poster in the center. I wasn't quite as articulate as I wanted to be, but I got in several good phrases, including "Jazzercise saved my life."
I'm very proud of my posture during the dance segments. And my punches, which my husband said looked like they would actually hurt as opposed to the other girls which were just extending their fists. Right after my interview, they were doing "Fighter" which is my all-time favorite. That's the pic of me punching. Love the line... "I will remember." I will always remember what it was like to walk into Jazzercise at 250 pounds and will never EVER take for granted what I can do now. No better feeling in the world!

3 comments:
Wow LesterLou, I bet it felt wonderful to be on television to broadcast your accomplishments. You're such an inspiration to all of us on the Jenny Boards. Now others watching the broadcast have the opportunity to be blessed by you too!
You continue not only to inspire me; but others as well.
Thanks for continuing to share your wisdom!
- "Sis"
Hi LesterLou! I enjoyed chatting with you on the Jenny Craig site tonight. Your blog and photos are very inspiring. I'll book mark your site and check back when I need some added inspiration!!
Traci
Missouri
"If it is to be it is up to me!"
Post a Comment